mardi 15 décembre 2009

Making mobile work for your hotel

http://www.hotelmarketing.com/index.php/content/article/making_mobile_work_for_your_hotel/
With this hard time the Hotel industry is going through, it is not surprising how imaginative and creative they can be. They also tend to be aware of all kinds of trends regarding the hospitality industry but also they are particularly sensitive to new technologies.
This article is the perfect example of how Hoteliers catch opportunities. We already mentioned it during last class cession on how they adapt the content of their website pages to the mobile phone.
I find it particularly smart since people including are far too attached to their mobile phones, sometimes, they are so dependent to it that we can compare them to slaves.
I can see through my proper experience, I had trouble few days ago with my phone and I felt almost completely lost and out of reach, I though "oh my god!!! How am I going to do without it". It's true that when we get used to do bunches of things with it like surfing, checking mails, calling, ...sometimes it is hard to re adapt our behavior.
Anyway, its really exiting having everything so reachable, the ability to have everything by our hands.

1 commentaire:

  1. Hi Saluquia,
    I agree with everything you said and I think it is correct to adapt the websites to the mobile phone.
    But I think that people wanting to go on vacation plan their trip on PC or notebook and not on mobile phone.
    Of course, as you said before the mobile phone is the more useful tool to use in case of necessity.
    In this case it is good to find hotel sites which work very well on mobile phone.

    Thank you for your attention,

    Ignazio SUTERA

    RépondreSupprimer